Concepción Elevator

Description

The Concepción elevator is the oldest elevator in Valparaíso. Inaugurated on December 1, 1883, it connects Pasaje Elías, in front of the Turri Clock in the city plan, with Paseo Gervasoni in Concepción Hill. Originally this funicular was composed of two wooden cabins that worked with a water counterweight, thanks to the steam generated by a boiler, and that over the years was changed to electric propulsion. In turn, the wooden cabins were replaced by metal ones.