The palace of the former Chilean National Congress was the seat that housed the two chambers of the National Congress from 1876 to 1973. Located in Santiago de Chile, it was declared a Historic Monument in 1976.
It is one of the most representative symbols of democratic life in the country and was the seat of the National Congress until September 11, 1973.
From 1990 to 2005 the Ministry of Foreign Affairs operated there. It currently houses the Santiago headquarters of the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate, as well as the Library of Congress.
Among its attractions, the beautiful and wide gardens that give a particular stamp to the area where it is located, where outstanding national monuments converge, such as the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Chilean Museum of Pre-Columbian Art, the Courts of Justice and the Palacio Septiembre.
It was declared a National Monument in 1976.